Today’s Silhouette project is designed for all girls who love pink and princesses! I made this sweet and feminine princess apron for my friend’s niece and I am very pleased with how it all came together. I followed my basic apron pattern and added a few princess details.
For a feminine touch, I sewed a sparkly butterfly ribbon to the middle and bottom portions of the apron and added a layer of gathered tule. For a personalized touch, I cut the child’s name (LW Splendid Font) out of white heat transfer vinyl. Be sure to mirror the text before cutting. The Heart Princess Crown was cut using silver heat transfer material.
As an added accessory, I created this matching oven mitt.
- Cut this oven mitt shape onto white paper. This served as my pattern.
- Pin the pattern onto the fabric and cut twice.
- Hem the bottom opening.
- Sew some gathered tule and ribbon onto the bottom edge of the mitt.
- Place wrong sides of the mitt together and sew around the edge, leaving the bottom open.
- Turn right-side out.
- Apply the heat transfer material princess crown.
I have used this same pattern to create a girl’s apron.
You might also be interested in checking out my kid’s tool apron.
Thank you for checking out my post today and happy crafting!