A big welcome to everyone who is participating in the Silhouette America Design Team Blog Hop! I am so excited to be apart of this great event!
Double-sided adhesive is my favourite Silhouette America products and because of that, I have teamed up with Silhouette America to giveaway a double-sided adhesive starter kit to one lucky winner! How exciting is that? Just think of all the fun projects that you could make with this great product.
Here is one example of how I used double-sided adhesive and glitter this holiday season:
‘Tis the season for all things that sparkle, shine, and glitter! Why not add the personal touch to this year’s Christmas tree with these eye catching DIY glitter ornaments. They are a lot fun to make with your Silhouette CAMEO/Portrait and with the variety of colours of glitter that are available in the Silhouette Store, you will be sure to find the perfect match for your holiday decor.
Making glitter ornaments are very enjoyable but along the way, a few issues can sometimes arise. Below, I have listed a few pointers that will ensure that your glittering experience remains enjoyable:
- Use small designs. I kept each design to less than 1″ in diameter. This is necessary because the ornament is round and the design is flat. As a result a large picture will not lay nicely on the round surface. A small design will lay perfectly. (You may have notice that the polkadot ornament has a little bit of buckling as I made the dots a little too large.)
- Use simple designs. The snowflake, heart and star are great examples of simple designs. Your Silhouette CAMEO/Portrait will perform more precisely when it cuts a simple design at a small ratio.
- When glittering your ornaments, keep a vacuum with a duster attachment close by. It is used for two purposes. Not only does it help make for an easy cleanup, but it is excellent for removing all the stray sparkles left on the ornament. It’s very dry where I live, so the glitter clung to the ornaments like glue, even when I tried to dust them off with a paint brush. Only the vacuum could remove the excess glitter.
To enter the contest, complete the following questions by clicking on “a Rafflecopter giveaway”. The contest opens on Dec. 1, 2014 8:00 am MT and will close on Dec. 5, 2014 at 11:59 pm, MT. You will find the rules to enter the giveaway listed below. Good luck!
Now head over to my fellow design team member’s blog, Jessee Maloney, at An Art School Dropout’s Life for the next exciting post in the blog hop!
If you missed the blog hop link to the previous design team member’s post, you can check out Nicole Mantooth’s post over at Random Ramblings.
Thank you for checking out my post today and best of luck to everyone entering the giveaway!
Contest Giveaway Rules:
- The giveaway is open to US/Canada Residents, 18 year of age and older.
- Void where prohibited.
- This giveaway is not associated with Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. Prizes will be fulfilled by Silhouette America.
- The winner cannot have won another Silhouette America giveaway in the past 90 days.
- The winner should expect their prize to arrive within 4-6 weeks.
- The winner must fulfil the giveaway requirements
*Note: If the double-sided adhesive kit is not in stock at the time of the draw, the prize will be replaced with double-sided adhesive and glitter.