I submitted a Flower Photo Frame (pictured below) for the kids crafts category. You can check out here.
I also have a second idea for using the Free Shape of the Week. This Flower Door Hanger Craft Kit was also a hit with my daughter.
Use these shapes from the online store to create the flower door hanger:
- Banner, Flower & Frame
- Leaf Silhouette
- Door Hanger
- Create the scalloped circle by watching this video on YouTube (11 min mark)
- Create the stem of the flower by making a small rectangle using the Rounded Rectangle Tool
- Make 2 copies of the flower, using one to weld into the shape of the door hanger.
- Also weld the banner ends to the main section of the banner.
- Cut out the Welcome text and the scalloped flower center out of adhesive card stock.
- Cut the remaining shapes out of paper or card stock.
The kit is now complete and ready for your child to assemble.
Because the flower is not symmetrical, I added shapes on the reverse side of the flowers so my daughter could match the yellow flower pedals to the flower pedals on the door hanger.
Here’s a photo of my daughter with her finished product 🙂
Great job Evelyn! If you need further instruction on any part of this craft, please leave a comment below and I’ll be sure to answer promptly. Thanks for checking in and have a good week!